• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Gannet with a touch of Photoshop alchmy (1 Viewer)

Dave Adshead

How much!
I've recently been photographing Gannets at Bempton cliffs, and like most photographers I've always a large number of photographs that need deleting for what ever reason. In the first photograph for instance the Gannet's left wing is just clipped, I find this so annoying.

So I decided to try and rescue it, its the first time I've tried anything like this. So here goes.

First I increased the canvas size at the top by 2 cms, I then copied the top 2 cms of the image and pasted it into the extended canvas area. This obviously copied in part of the birds left wing, so I cloned the extra piece of wing out.

I then made a small selection of the birds right wing tip, copied it, flipped it so it was a mirror image of itself, I then could use it as the birds left wing tip, moved it in position and blended it all in to fit.

Which gave me the result in the second photograph, not perfect, but I'm pleased with it and I'm sure with a bit more practice I'll get better.

All done with a mouse, I did have a Wacom tablet until it went pear shaped, I'm really going to have to invest in another.

Attachments

• Adshead_070428_2305.jpg
    Adshead_070428_2305.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 133
  • Adshead_070428_2305_D1.jpg
    Adshead_070428_2305_D1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 157
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back