• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Passerines in Flight - Michigan, USA (1 Viewer)

Rapala

Along with the rush of migrant ducks this past weekend, there were a large number of passerines flying overhead. The vast majority were Yellow-Rumped Warblers, but a few remain unidentified. The following photos were taken at the same location as my previous thread, over a large marshy flooding.

1 - A chance encounter that caught me by surprise. This sparrow flew across an open area of marsh and I managed several photos. The short tail, deep-based bill, and yellowish face has me thinking Ammodramus. Thoughts?
2 - Strong facial features suggest Rusty Blackbird. Could this be confused with anything else?
3 & 4 - A perched bird that I also captured in flight. The shape and coloration had me thinking Fox Sparrow, but would it be expected to perch in a tree?
5 - Enough to confirm Ovenbird? It would be a rather uncommon find at this time of the year.

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• Ammodramus Sp. @ Natalie.jpg
    Ammodramus Sp. @ Natalie.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Blackbird @ Dollarville.jpg
    Blackbird @ Dollarville.jpg
    567.1 KB · Views: 35
  • FOSP @ Natalie (2).jpg
    FOSP @ Natalie (2).jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 39
  • FOSP @ Natalie.jpg
    FOSP @ Natalie.jpg
    642.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Ovenbird @ Dollarville.jpg
    Ovenbird @ Dollarville.jpg
    491.2 KB · Views: 40
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back