• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I really need help getting my digiscope set up to work! (1 Viewer)

smokey989

Hi all,

I am David! I hope you are all well, i'm hoping you can help me!

This is my setup, I have a Celestron 80mm spotting scope, canon 550d and a canon t ring adapter. Everything is flush and connections between camera and scope are tight and aligned.

But, i keep getting a message on the screen saying make sure lens is connected to camera. Also when on the Aperture setting the setting is F00 and i am unable to change it. When looking through the viewfinder you can hardly see anything through it. I really haven't got a clue what to do and the main reason i bought the scope was for digiscoping,.

Any help would really appreciated as i'm at loss as to what to do.

Many thanks

David

The F00 just means that there is a fixed aperture. The spotting scope is 80mm aperture and that can't be altered and that what the camera is reporting with the F00.

As for the other error, I'm not sure. When mounting the camera to a lens that doesn't have any electrical contacts it should not throw up an error. Does the T-ring have any electrical contacts? If it does then you will need to put some tape across the pins to stop it communicating with the camera. That's the only thing I can think of. Does it give an actual error for the no lens attached?

After all this though you will most likely get the best results from attaching a small point and shoot camera rather than going the T-ring route. That method doen't give very good photos normally.

Paul.

HI Paul

It seems the best option for me is to use live view, rather than view finder. Images and light are far better this way. Haven't got a clue why but hey!!

Thanks for your reply

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back