• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from Lancashire England, I need help. (1 Viewer)

Stevie309

United Kingdom
Hello
So, some folk and going to think WTH but here goes. I have had an inexpensive scope for a few years now but its good enough for me, its a Barr and Stroud Sahara and I live in the countyside and love looking at widlife but thought how great it would be if I could also take pics and so I tried placing my I phone onto the lens and its real tricky so I bought an adapter and that was rubbish so I thought 'I know ill buy a good quality inexpensive used DSLR (just the body) and get an adaptor so thats what I have done, ive bought a mint condition Nikon D3100.
so now ive set it up with the scope dirctly mounted to the camera body but all I see through the viewfinder is a complete blur....dont all laugh at once, and yes Im a compete newbie at this but...Do I also need a lens on the camera and then screw the T mount into the lens? is this why I only see a complete Blur of should I be doing something different with the camera settings? as you can see, I do need help and it will be gladly taken.
Kind Regards
Steve

1. I know that there are no stupid questions
2. I think I know that you have to have a lens on the camera (I’ve only ever done phonescoping but pretty sure)
hopefully, someone who knows and can adv will be along soon

Hi Steve and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. I've moved your post to the dedicated Digiscoping forum... I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you. I'll look forward to seeing some of your pictures in the Gallery before too long.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Steve and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. I've moved your post to the dedicated Digiscoping forum... I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you. I'll look forward to seeing some of your pictures in the Gallery before too long.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.
Hi
Many thanks for this, yes I hope so.

Welcome aboard Steve! It's good to have you here with us and I hope you enjoy your time with us.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back