• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

new binoculair (1 Viewer)

Wonky focusers, and the most fragile eye-pieces on the market.

It's a true wonder to pull a NIB 8x32 Swarovision EL out of the box to find the screw-in eyecups are broken.

It's long been known by those behind the counter about the various fragile componants of Swaro bins. They're obviously a great product, and all binoculars have their faults, but they're in no way as stout as the build quality of a Leica.

Swarovski is synonymous with marketing. Create a unique build and color that stands out in media, give enough free/reduced price binoculars to guides, the sheep will follow. Brilliant really.

Boy howdy you nailed that one Mac (is there a rolling eyes/sarcastic emoti somewhere?). I hunted with a Leica Trinovid BA for almost 15 years and it is great stuff. If Leica weren't such a pathetic company to deal with, including their pathetic warranty and hit/miss customer service, I might still own one.

Hi Getting back to the binoculars. I have a pair of 7x42 HDs There's a feeling about using them Don't know what it is. Makes me smile when looking through them a comfort the feeling that at last you have found that view. Have looked through other alpha's have a pair of Zeiss 8x32 FLS But the Leica's make me feel I have arrived stupid I know

Boy howdy you nailed that one Mac (is there a rolling eyes/sarcastic emoti somewhere?). I hunted with a Leica Trinovid BA for almost 15 years and it is great stuff. If Leica weren't such a pathetic company to deal with, including their pathetic warranty and hit/miss customer service, I might still own one.

Your reputation of cruising the internet whining about Leica like a school girl is pretty well documented... I've owned/own Leica, Swarovski, and Zeiss. They all have their mertis/demerits, but in terms of build quality, Leica is top of the heap. So Leica's warranty isn't to your liking? Don't buy one. But their USA customer service has gradually improved. Good news is it's hardly ever needed...

I don't have a clue. The lady told me "we don't care if it was 2nd hand, 3rd hand, or whatever hand....you're the owner now and we will take care of you".

that is right , how could leica and swaro know that you are the second owner or the first one ? On the warranty there is no name on, only the dealer's name and address and date of buying .

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back