• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

habichts leather or rubber version (1 Viewer)

bockos

I want to ask is there any differences between the leather and the rubber version of habichts 10x40 for the stiff focuser and the small eyecups? Is this small eyecups in the leather version a big problem? Is the focuser stiff only in the leather version? Are the eyecups and focuser better in the rubber version?

Hi chartwell,

Yes, of course! I mean in optics and mechanics, bockus concerns.
I agree is MUCH BETTER the GA than the leather one.

PHA

I've got both...get the GA.

it has better eyecups.

The rubber is so handy...not just for protection and bumps but it stops the binoculars from sliding about...off a rock, off the dashboard, off the car seat etc etc. not many mention this but it's a huge advantage imo. Optically identical. Best in 10x. Focusing is identical. It'll loosen with proper use....like a Porsche gearbox in the old days.

Rathaus

I want to ask is there any differences between the leather and the rubber version of habichts 10x40 for the stiff focuser and the small eyecups? Is this small eyecups in the leather version a big problem? Is the focuser stiff only in the leather version? Are the eyecups and focuser better in the rubber version?

Have a 2014 8x30 W leatherette and a 2015 10x40 W GA armored. Both look like they came off the assembly line and although bought as used, are as perfect as new, optically and mechanically!

Focusers: Both are equally stiff and will need more use to break-in, as has been mentioned in several BF post (not currently ready for prime time birding).

Eyecups: For my eyes, the 8x30 smaller eye cups need perfect eye placement to get a full sight picture. The 10x40's are more forgiving, allowing me quicker FOV acquisition. The 10x40's larger rubber eye cups are also very comfortable (I do not wear glasses).

Ted

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back