• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What were these Buzzards doing today? (1 Viewer)

paynie

I have just spent the last 30 minutes watching 4 buzzards out the back garden. They were repeatedly climbing and falling mostly in pairs, over and over again. Occationally one would land in a tree and then 30 seconds later join in again with the chasing, climbing and tumbling.

I was hoping that somebody knowledgeable in this area could tell me exactly what and why they were doing this?

Thanks in advance Paynie :)

I know they are riding on the wind thermals , not sure why i think they're just doing it for the enjoyment. Interested myself to see what someone with more expertise says as ive watched them do it as well.

I know they are riding on the wind thermals , not sure why i think they're just doing it for the enjoyment. Interested myself to see what someone with more expertise says as ive watched them do it as well.

It did seem as if they were just playing, bombing each other etc and it's very windy indeed.

Somebody will tell us soon enough no doubt, every question I've ever asked on here has been answered? :)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back