• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I'm a Verdin saying hi from Arizona (1 Viewer)

verdin

Hello! My name is Ken. I am a kid whose favorite bird is the Verdin. I also like House Finches, Western Scrub Jays, Blue Jays, Golden Eagles and (belive it or not) Brown-Headed Cowbirds. I am kind of lonely, because most people my age are not interested in birds. But that ok, now that I have found this site! :flyaway:

Hey there, Verdin! How old are you? I have a son who is now 15 (Aaron) that is directly responsible for my addiction to birding. When he was in 6th grade he had a unit on birds in his science class and became interested in birding. 6th graders being unable to drive and all I indulged his interest and took him birding a few times. Now we are both hooked! He has sorta the same dilemna that you do, in that none of his friends are birders either.
Paul
SD

Hello Ken and I am delighted to welcome you to Bird Forum on behalf of the Bird Forum staff.

I am further delighted to see more birders in your age group joining our ranks. Don't feel too lonely, I still get funny looks from adults my age when they see me out birding with all my paraphenalia.

Last year I started volunteering at my local junior high and took a small class out birding each week. Soon, my project encompassed the wood working shop as we enlisted their aid in building platform feeders and bluebird boxes. I'm happy to say that the Bluebirds were investigating the boxes last weekend. While not a large group - only 9. 7 of them still email me weekly with their bird sightings so hang tough.

Does it bring you as much peace and harmony as it does for me.

Hi, Verdin!

If the birding gives you pleasure and fun, then don't ever give it up. It's something that will bring you that joy and pleasure your whole life!

One of the best birders I know is a freshman at Purdue this year -- not much older than you, I bet.

And we'll happily go birding with you, via the net, whenever you want.

Hope to hear from you!

Thank you everyone! I am glad to see that I already have some friends! In response to PBurger, I am 13 years old. -Ken

Hi Ken

welcome to BF, had a look at your profile some noble pursuits but Computer Programming !! Really how disgraceful 3:)

Hi Verdin,

Welcome on board. I have a nephew who is 12 years old, and he is just starting to develop his interest in birding. Hope you find this site as informative and friendly as I do.

Happy birding..... :t:

tracker

Ken,
Welcome to Birdforum. This is a great site to talk about birds, ask questions, get and give answers, and just generally learn a lot about birds. Hope you enjoy your time here. Looking forward to hearing about some of your bird sightings.

welcome ken

verdin said:
Thank you everyone! I am glad to see that I already have some friends! In response to PBurger, I am 13 years old. -Ken
Hi Ken:
Hope you find what your looking for on this site. I sure did. started birding at about your age and just can't quit,Enjoy your time here,
Sam

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back