• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Experience with Zeiss DC4 camera/eyepiece or Zeiss photoscope? (1 Viewer)

kcolter

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has used the Zeiss DC4 camera/eyepiece with a Zeiss 85 diascope, or from anyone using the Zeiss 85mm photoscope. I have never been happy with my efforts to adapt my digital camera to the Zeiss 85 scope I own. I have had no luck using the Zeiss digital camera adapter. I love the images through the scope and would love to be able to record them. Thanks.

Can you tell us what camera you are trying to use?

I've had really good luck with a number of cameras w/ my Zeiss 85, with both the 20-60X zoom and 40X W eyepiece. Check out my digiscoping blog - articles on the right - for ideas about making homemade adaptors for your camera.

http://jerryjourdan2.blogspot.com

Can you tell us what camera you are trying to use?

I've had really good luck with a number of cameras w/ my Zeiss 85, with both the 20-60X zoom and 40X W eyepiece. Check out my digiscoping blog - articles on the right - for ideas about making homemade adaptors for your camera.

http://jerryjourdan2.blogspot.com

I've been trying to use a Pentax W series camera that has the tripod mounting socket at the far right of the camera instead of in the middle of the camera. When the camera is on the Zeiss camera adapter it isn't possible to move it far enough right to get the lens of the camera in the right position for the eyepiece. I will check the adapters you've made on your blog, many thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back