• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opanda IExif Settings (1 Viewer)

Barred Wobbler

I've been using Opanda for a couple of years to check on EXIF details for my photos, usually by just opening a photo file and right-clicking on a thumbnail image and the menu would give me the option (beneath 'Preview', 'Set as desktop background', 'Edit' and 'Print') of checking the Exif using Opanda.

This weekend I've bitten the bullet and said farewell to my old friend XP and I've now got Windows 7 installed as my operating system.

As part of the reinstallation of my software I've just downloaded the free verion of Opanda 2.3 Exif checker, which is as far as I can tell the same version as I had before.

It opens fine and allows me to open a photo within it to check the Exif, but I seem to have lost the ability to right-click on a thumbnail or image opened in Windows Photo Viewer to read the Exif from there.

Is there any setting I can use to reinstate the facility? It saved having to go through the rigmarole of opening Opanda separately.

Can't help with Opanda, but you probably don't need it anyway.

Just right click on any picture and select "Properties" - then click the "Details" tab along the top. All the metadata (EXIF) is displayed; everything from Camera make to Exposure to ISO etc.

Thanks Chris. I hadn't realised that.

There isn't quite as much data as Opanda gives, but there's plenty to be going on with (GPS for instance)

Can't help with Opanda, but you probably don't need it anyway.

Just right click on any picture and select "Properties" - then click the "Details" tab along the top. All the metadata (EXIF) is displayed; everything from Camera make to Exposure to ISO etc.

That might work for an image you have downloaded, but it does not work for an image shown within a Firefox window. Is there an add on that allows that to happen?

Niels

There seem to be a few Niels. I've just done a search of the Add-ons using "Exif Data" and it come up with about half a dozen.

But don't ask me what they're like;)

That might work for an image you have downloaded, but it does not work for an image shown within a Firefox window. Is there an add on that allows that to happen?

Niels

Nobody asked for that, Niels, just for right click access ;)

There's different plugins for each browser, except Opera, that has an EXIF viewer built-in.

I use this for Firefox:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fxif/

Although it's not been updated for a while, but it still shows the info that I want to see.

For Chrome I use this:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/exponator/npdclakkbcpndnjlnajapdlbdncpijdg

I don't use Internet Explorer.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back