• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ULTRA HD vs TRINO BN (1 Viewer)

Nice pictures. The Trinovid 7x42 BN is cherry isn't. It is amazing how similar they are to each other. I think I like the looks of the Trinovid better than the Ultravid.

Nice looking binoculars, YES.

The question is….

OPTICALLY…..How much difference is there between the current Trinovid vs. Ultravid HD vs. Ultravid HD Plus? PRICEWISE…there is a pretty good bit of difference.

Current US prices via Eagle Optics(8X42):

Trinovid- $1599
Ultravid HD- $1799
Ultravid HD Plus- $2449

I had a chance to compare the Trinovid 8x42 to the Ultravid 8x42 at Cameraland about a year ago. Optically, I could not see a difference between the two. I preferred the ergonomics, design and feel of the Ultravid. They are both great bins.

The Trinnie is squat and dumpy, never liked the looks of it. The UV, on the other hand, is the best looking of the current alphas...IMO.
I find the Trinovid one of the best looking binoculars around. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The Trinovid is no more squat than the Ultravid. I like the lines on it. Coolest looking binocular around.

I find the Trinovid one of the best looking binoculars around. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The Trinovid is no more squat than the Ultravid. I like the lines on it. Coolest looking binocular around.
Which Trinovid? There is the old model and the new model and they are very different. The model in post #1 is the old Trinovid.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back