• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upgrading from FZ18 to FZ35(38) (1 Viewer)

André Adeodato

Did i make an upgrade of FZ18 for FZ28 and recently i did sell thinking her about a FZ35, today i did have opportunity to test a FZ35 and i am not right that she is better of the than FZ18 in terms of image quality, did anybody here already change Fz18 for FZ35 and didn't it like the change?

Really the autofocus is faster in FZ35 than in FZ28 but I thought to be inferior the speed of FZ18 in that requirement.

I didn't also think FZ35 came out well pictures of low-light.

I tested FZ35 for just some hours and I can be wrong with my first impressions on her.

I think the FZ18 is a better birding superzoom than the newer FZ28/35. It has a longer lens and a better viewfinder.

cheers,
Rick

I only know the FZ18, not the others. My impression what that especially the 35/38 has a better (less intrusive) noise reduction that made the additional pixels worth it. Wait until some of the other regulars around here see this thread ...

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back