• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Why does Nikon make the best binoculars in the world? (1 Viewer)

Henry

In reality, most human beings love controversy. Just wait and see how many responses this thread gets.

Bruce

Surely, when the resident troll here begins a thread with an invitation to argue, the best response is no response. Yes, alas, I realize I didn't take my own advice.

Surely, when the resident troll here begins a thread with an invitation to argue, the best response is no response. Yes, alas, I realize I didn't take my own advice.

Dennis feels guilty after gloating about how he 'played' Nikon out of a new pair of 8x32 EDGs for $750, and felt that he needed to redeem himself by starting this thread. I, like Henry, ignored my Ignore List by responding!

Henry. I was hoping I was on your "Ignore List". You keep following me around like a blood hound. You must love me deep down inside! Aah, I know what it is. You think you might learn something if you read my threads. HaHa!

Click on person you want to ignore, let's say Dennis, click on his user name, click view user profile, on that you will see yellow line with either add to buddy list or add to ignore list click on "add [email protected] to Your ignore list" This just an example to use of course.;)

Did you get that Henry? You can go dust off your retro 7x35 Nikon Actions now and tell us how they are as good as the new alphas. What was that a 1980 or 82 model?

Last edited:
Dennis is the Rush Limbaugh of Birdforum......uses the same techniques and elicits the same responses.

It is the responses that makes a person like this persist.

After having alot of different binoculars I have come to the realization that Nikon makes the best binoculars in the world. I feel the EDG, SE and EII represent the best roof prism and porro prism binoculars you can buy for any price. WHY? Let the arguing begin.
Why? Because they make the best cameras in the world. Everyone knows that.

Dunno if Nikon is the best in the world. I know that a brand could be the best for a one and not for anotherone. I reckon Nikon optics are great.
The human beeing is too special, not everyone sees the world the same way, ones will feel and see certain landscape and bird details that other humans won't notice, etc.
As it's not possible that all humans feel the same with their eyes, it is much more impossible that they all feel the same with binoculars.

I should write articles for women magazines, that might allow me to buy all the alpha bins models, so to make the best reviews in the world :-O

After having alot of different binoculars I have come to the realization that Nikon makes the best binoculars in the world. I feel the EDG, SE and EII represent the best roof prism and porro prism binoculars you can buy for any price. WHY? Let the arguing begin.

Oh Dennis you just love to put the cat among the pigeon's dont you....:-O God bless you!!:cat:

The EDG series by Nikon for me is still a step below Swarovision series, and i think that the new Zeiss coming out for March will be at least as good as Swarovision.
Also Leica most likely will release a new alpha in the 2012, we will see.

Anyway i have to agree with those who say that there is not a best binoculars, is too subjective.

About porro, Nikon probably are the best simply because there are very few companies that still produce porro binoculars. I like a lot the Docter Nobilem, the Fujinon FMTR, some Canon IS but i know that these are not binoculars for birdwatching.

greets

To whom it may concern, may I politely point out that the people who test 'all binoculars' on a certain website do not have white hair and pink eyes: they are 'allbinos', not albinos. And there is no such word in the English language as "alot", even if someone uses it a lot. Also, please make allowances for Dennis; "there is none so devout as he who is converted...".
Welcome to the Nikon cognoscenti, Dennis!

The EDG series by Nikon for me is still a step below Swarovision series, and i think that the new Zeiss coming out for March will be at least as good as Swarovision.
Also Leica most likely will release a new alpha in the 2012, we will see.

Anyway i have to agree with those who say that there is not a best binoculars, is too subjective.

About porro, Nikon probably are the best simply because there are very few companies that still produce porro binoculars. I like a lot the Docter Nobilem, the Fujinon FMTR, some Canon IS but i know that these are not binoculars for birdwatching.

greets

Tne Nikon EDG may not be the best binocular for all people but since they developed it specifically for birders I think it comes the closest of any binocular I have tried to being perfect. There is little to complain about it. The Swarovision although it no doubt has excellent optics falls down on the focus which on my sample was harder in one direction and was not near as smooth as the Nikon EDG I now have. This to me is very important because I don't want to have to even think about the focus when I am following a bird. I am also very sensitive to CA and I find the Swarovision has more CA than the EDG which I find almost non-existent. Also, for some reason I started to see rolling-ball which I didn't see at first in the SV and it really started to bother me. Also, I prefer the ergonomics on the EDG because it fits my hands better and to me it has perfect balance and I also like the feel of the armouring better. I think the Swarovision's have a goofy as heck strap and case too. The case is way to BIG and the strap is so long every time the binoculars bounce they rack you in the privates. I can just picture those Austrians in their Kneesocks and loose shorts with that BIG binocular case hanging around their hairy knees yodeling every time they see an unusual bird. HaHa. So I prefer the EDG now. What did you prefer on the SV over the EDG?

Last edited:
To whom it may concern, may I politely point out that the people who test 'all binoculars' on a certain website do not have white hair and pink eyes: they are 'allbinos', not albinos. And there is no such word in the English language as "alot", even if someone uses it a lot. Also, please make allowances for Dennis; "there is none so devout as he who is converted...".
Welcome to the Nikon cognoscenti, Dennis!

Thanks for the correction, James. I should spellcheck my posts huh. Are you an English teacher? You are from England.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back