• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Experience new birding (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
time to sell ALL of my old, outdated, binoculars to get ready for the new experience
in a few days they will be worth nothing

edj

can someone post the link to the website where I could see the teaser? I can't find it surfing Zeiss.com

Actually the sponsored ad near the top of this page we are on is where I am seeing it... I have been to the Zeiss page but you have to navigate out and in to finally see it. It is the one on this page that briefly shows a flash of a pair of binoculars...the one on the Zeiss page didn't-at least in my experience...

Thanks to all directing me to the teaser. For me, it's not even a teaser as I cannot figure out anything about what to expect... !

Don't worry, neither do the rest of us, but that doesn't stop the speculation. :bounce:

A 7X42. :smoke:

As far as a new 7x42, how many birders are crying out for a new
Zeiss. Not many, and that is why they are hard to find.
Sales drive production, and on Birdforum, I see a louder cry for
the 8x30-32 size binoculars.

The only top makes with these are the Nikon 7x42 EDG and the
Leica 7x42 Ultravid HD. Both may be great choices, so go that way.

Jerry

I don't think zoom... it's not the oversized HT focus (viewed from the front) wheel that's making you think that is it?

David the view of the bird zooms-in closer to the bird and I think this is what has tempted speculation about zoomerbins.

I personally doubt Zeiss will go for zooms as although as Holger says there is room for someone to do something really good with zoomerbins, I think its clear Zeiss is trying to establish a full range of core binoculars and zooms are a bit niche to fit into this plan. But thats just my idea and we won't know until the deadline.

L

David the view of the bird zooms-in closer to the bird and I think this is what has tempted speculation about zoomerbins.

I personally doubt Zeiss will go for zooms as although as Holger says there is room for someone to do something really good with zoomerbins, I think its clear Zeiss is trying to establish a full range of core binoculars and zooms are a bit niche to fit into this plan. But thats just my idea and we won't know until the deadline.

L

Ahhh thanks. I see now. Sometimes it good to get a take as to what sane or "normal" people are seeing... :t:

And from that, I can certainly see that assumption as being logical.

Ahhh thanks. I see now. Sometimes it good to get a take as to what sane or "normal" people are seeing... :t:

And from that, I can certainly see that assumption as being logical.

Whoa David!

Thanks for that: its the first time anyone has hinted I might be sane or normal this year :smoke:

Lee

Last edited:
I can't get excited because if it's like the launch of the 42mm HTs, I will be further into my dotage before I can get my hands on a pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back