• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New member says "Hello" (1 Viewer)

pfj

Hello,
I'm Peter a new member resident in Wadebridge, in Cornwall, UK.

I'm a keen birdwatcher, spending a fair bit of time on the River Camel Trail watching the numerous species of waders and migratory species we see here.

Other than that I play golf and read a lot.

Cheers

Peter

Hello Peter, I love the Camel Trail especially at Tregunna where I got two young Curlew Sandpipers last year. It is a very underwatched area of Cornwall. I often stayed at Newquay for the fishing and found Kelsey Head and Trevose Head. Had great birding days on both especially Kelsey. I tried the CBWPS hide on a marsh near Wadebridge and there was nowt there and I couldn't get in. Wrong time of the year though.

Welcome to this great forum where everyone is treated as equals.

Hello Peter, Just come back from N cornwall, and regular visitor as my better half was born & bred there, Have you been to the tamar lakes and seen the birds there, I have fond memories of tree creepers near the bird hide there, but seeing the birds on the lakes were intent on keeping out of sight, I turned my sights to the flora and fauna, and there they were, running up and down the trees, and I didn't want to leave,even though it was raining hard and got soaked, I never noticed I was wet. The drippy doddery Nina P.

Hello Peter and a warm welcome to you. You come from a lovely area and I remember having a holiday at St Minver a few years ago. It is an area I have never really birded before as I tend to go south of St Ives rather than the further north so your reports will be of great interest to me.

I hope you enjoy it in this forum. You will find us all a friendly bunch. Check out the gallery as there are some amazing photos in there.

Finally a trip report from you each time you pop out wouldn't go amiss, and if you can a photo or two to follow.

Hi Peter,

Welcome to Bird Forum :t:

I hope that you like what you see of the site and join in the forums with your thoughts and sightings.

See you around.

Peter

It's great to have someone else from the West Country. We may even have enough for a BF Cornwall Meet soon! We look forward to hearing from you about your birding activities in the SW.

Hello Peter nice part of the world you've got there. Will be looking out for your reports as we may be spending Xmas in Cornwall this year. Would be nice to know what's about. By the way you know what they say about golf : a good walk spoilt!!!

Hi Paul , it's a lovely part of Cornwall. I holiday there each summer
for the surfing (2 kids) and have spent many hours on the camel trail.

Hi Peter and welcome. Cornwall is a place I've always wanted to visit, but its a bit far away. Waders - sounds like heaven!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back