• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mandarin ducks in Cumbria (2 Viewers)

Scrufftyguy

Missing them east coast rares...
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has seen any mandarins this year on Windermere? I've had a look at a few old bird reports and it seems Fell Foot is a good site. Has anybody got any other suggestions on where is a good viewing point for them? Thanks! :)

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has seen any mandarins this year on Windermere? I've had a look at a few old bird reports and it seems Fell Foot is a good site. Has anybody got any other suggestions on where is a good viewing point for them? Thanks! :)

Saw a female Mandarin Duck on Whinfell Tarn near Grayrigg yesterday.
Also a Red head Smew.
Worth a look.

Probably not much use as it was a few years back but I saw mandarin ducks regularly on High Borrans Reservoir, approx 5 miles south of Windermere, in June 2002. Not sure if they're still there |:$|

Thank again, all suggestions are gratefully received! I'm hoping to get out and have a search over the next few weeks and I'll report back if I find any!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back