• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Jandia fuerteventura. (1 Viewer)

Were there 14th to 18th. So only just overlap. Looks like most of my birding will be 16th when I have a car. Thanks for the info very helpful
Heres another area that can be productive at times.. I had 50+ Sandgrouse feeding around this Goat pen when i was last there in Oct, but a week later there were none. The water just up from here near the school is worth a try as well for other birds... Bing Maps

Thank you. I’ll give it a go. It would be nice to get the sandgrouse but it’s obviously available elsewhere too so the chat is the priority

If you are travelling north at all, I was talking to someone yesterday who had 2 Sandgrouse feeding with/near feral pigeons at Las Salinas in the past couple of days. They have also been seen a few times here (Barranco de la Muley) in the past week, an area I'll hopefully have time to check out myself now I've finally got the troublesome Tropicbird out of the way (took 6 attempts!).

By the way, I've seen Atlantic Lizard most times I've explored the stream (with plenty of water in) at the south edge of the Atlantico complex (Caleta de Fuste area).

Well done!

Only been to the beach at morro jable so far. Lots of spectacled warblers. A few berthelots pipits. 3-4 swift this morning over the hillside . Look plain but going to have a closer look

Had a hire car today. Very enjoyable visit to embalse de los molinos and then ( after wandering around for a while in the barranco near the dam) the beach bar at the end of the barranco. Nice views of the chat in both locations. No sand grouse but by the time I’d got the hire car and got up there is didn’t really expect it.

Tried the mirador above betancuria for butterflies after info from Jos but no sign of anything. Quite a few in betancuria itself along with loads of lizards.

Tried for the red vented bulbul in Costa calmas but was presumably not quite in the right place as no sign. Did have at least one possibly 2 yellow browed warblers. Also had a weird black and white streaky passerine I couldn’t id bathing in a pipe leak puddle. Didn’t get photos im afraid

Was great to spend the full day birding and as the holiday itself was a last minute decision I’m more than happy with the chat squirrel and a few new butterflies

Had a hire car today. Very enjoyable visit to embalse de los molinos and then ( after wandering around for a while in the barranco near the dam) the beach bar at the end of the barranco. Nice views of the chat in both locations. No sand grouse but by the time I’d got the hire car and got up there is didn’t really expect it.

Tried the mirador above betancuria for butterflies after info from Jos but no sign of anything. Quite a few in betancuria itself along with loads of lizards.

Tried for the red vented bulbul in Costa calmas but was presumably not quite in the right place as no sign. Did have at least one possibly 2 yellow browed warblers. Also had a weird black and white streaky passerine I couldn’t id bathing in a pipe leak puddle. Didn’t get photos im afraid

Was great to spend the full day birding and as the holiday itself was a last minute decision I’m more than happy with the chat squirrel and a few new butterflies
Taking to other birders here recently I can shed some light on your birds I think. The streaky bird would be Siskin maybe. Being seen there recently. If you were seeing YBW I think you were in the right place for the Bulbul, in general at least.

Glad you had a good day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back