• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Black-faced Grosbeak (1 Viewer)

DiggitalD

Thoughtful Monkey
I've got a picture of what I think is a Black-faced Grosbeak which can be added to the database so long as the ID can be confirmed.

Attachments

• Black-faced-Grosbeak-01.jpg
    Black-faced-Grosbeak-01.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 178
Nice shot, where did you shoot it? I'd never heard of a Black-faced until I saw your thread. It looks like the other images I've found on the web.

I have got this photo moved to the bird ID threads just so it can be checked out for the ID. Once we have had a conformation of this it will be a new addition to the database

Lisa W said:
Nice shot, where did you shoot it? I'd never heard of a Black-faced until I saw your thread. It looks like the other images I've found on the web.
I found this bird in Cockscomb Basin, Belize. It was enjoying some fruit with its friends, a little ways off from the visitor center near my camp site.

Indead a Black-faced Grosbeak (Caryothraustes poliogaster) with it´s grey scapular pattern, black face, throat and bluish-grey bill base.
Nice image!

JanJ

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back