• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

1/18/24 Lake Elizabeth Fremont, CA, USA Duck ID (2 Viewers)

Valefor

Hello,
I took photos of these ducks while walking around Lake Elizabeth and from what it looks like, most, if not all are domestic ducks.
I was wondering if anyone here happens to know about domestic ducks identification? Here's what I think so far, but would like verification if it's correct or not:
DSCN0437.JPG
1) domestic Mallard-Muscovy hybrids. Could be Mule ducks (Mulard or Moulard) or Hinny ducks
peking_duck_male_drake_feather_curl.JPG
2) Peking duck (male due to having a curled feather aka drake feather - although I was told on another forum that if they were domestic rather than wild, then the tail feather is not a good indicator to determine it's sex?)
peking_brown_female_straight_tail.JPG
3) Is this a juvenile Pekin duck (due to having a white patch on the back) or is it something else? Is it also female due to having a straight tail feather at the end?
domestic_mallard.JPG
4) Looks like a domestic/mutant mallard, but not sure if there is a particular name for this one.
yeah.PNG
5) Not sure what this one is either

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back