• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

10x30’s - Maven B3 vs Zeiss SFL (1 Viewer)

ChrisAU

Anyone compared them side by side? I talked myself into saving the money and getting B3’s and now I’m second guessing myself. I’m only comparing them to my SFL 8x40’s, which I know is not a fair fight, but the eye placement is more finicky than I’d like on the Mavens. Is that an inherent product of a 10x30 or would the SFL’s be appreciably better in that regard?

Anyone compared them side by side? I talked myself into saving the money and getting B3’s and now I’m second guessing myself. I’m only comparing them to my SFL 8x40’s, which I know is not a fair fight, but the eye placement is more finicky than I’d like on the Mavens. Is that an inherent product of a 10x30 or would the SFL’s be appreciably better in that regard?
You'll find the SFL's finicky too, but personally, I found them to be perfectly enjoyable once properly set up. A really super little glass. I came very close to buying some, but in the end decided my 10x25 CL Pockets were overall more comfortable and less finicky, despite their smaller exit pupil...but that may simply be down to familiarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back