• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

10x32 SF birds of prey, next owls? (1 Viewer)

sea otter

I tried out my new SFs today. They were really great looking at vultures and flowers or into water. Interesting how they interact well with my Noctivid 8x. The Leica's seem like a cartoon that gets filled by the higher magnifying pair, very LARGE appearing and easy. I ordered Aziak's tripod and these were actually to complement my 7x42 UVs. Owls aren't really all that common to me, but I have an idea they should be my next goal. Maybe a Conquest? This doesn't seem all that important now, but a deep view at 10x appeals to me.

Daniel

The lighting is smooth, and also unlike my SF it takes a while longer to see the image upon bringing the glasses up. Bright stars are a little spikey in this binocular, I suppose there are opposing mental interpretations of the image presented for me. The SF is scientific and supportive with closely related groups of photons. Check out this toy animal: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KLHBTSY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I'll try to elaborate more next day.

Interesting and original use of words... I understand what you describe, feel, but once again, the word 'cartoon' questions me !... Not common, and it is not 'negative' from me, not at all !! ;)

Maybe it's like cruise control or automatic shifting vs. manual. It's in the motion of the eye from moment to moment, Noctivid seems to dampen variations. My SuperFast shows more than I can see. And amazing stability, handheld, too. I need to work on consistency, not reacting each millisecond. Lastly, I think there's something to the backside balancing, looking into the objectives, an inch behind is another lens. That's how it seems to me in my head.

I guess I'll make this my final report. I don't know what more to add. I'm very impressed by them, all positive. I'm looking around more with my eyes naturally moving to see. Very even sided. The backweight I was talking about must be getting a nod from astro scopes dynamic mirror adjusting. Notivids conversely concentrate my eye's lens adjustment, a wholistic approach I'd say.

Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back