• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2 from my holidays UK!!! (1 Viewer)

Greysands boy

Hi all
just had 10 days around the uk birding taking in loch garten salthome and Minsmere,
The first pic is a goose at salthome looks like a Hybrid just wondering if anyone can confirm of what.
The second is more interesting it was taken from the bittern hide at Minsmere initially thro the bins at a glance i thought Sedge warbler but then it turned to me and had a really obvious wide pale crown stripe along with fact it didnt sing like a sedge but much more rhythmic so im thinking possibly Aquatic Warbler,
Sorry for both pics as they were taken with my phone thro my scope.

Cheers

Darryl

Attachments

• 140420091443 [640x480].jpg
    140420091443 [640x480].jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 420
  • 170420091450 [640x480].jpg
    170420091450 [640x480].jpg
    56 KB · Views: 417
Hi Ian,

Deffo not a reed warbler stong visible supercilium and crown stripe mottled wings along with streaky breast,
I know this may not be evident in the bad photo, I think you need to use it along with my information from seeing the bird.

Cheers

Darryl

There's no way I would claim an aquatic warbler from this photo, you would need a much stronger description, looks like it'll have to be one that got away. As for the goose, looks to be a hybrid indeed, actually looks like its head is detached!

Thanks Guys the one that got away it is then, I cant claim it if i cant be sure.
And i'm definately not sure. the guys at minsmere said they couldnt be sure from the photo between sedge or aquatic so because of probabilty i reckon sedge.

Cheers

Darryl

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back