• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

7Dayshop (1 Viewer)

robski

Has anybody had problems with 7dayshop since the new year ? or was it my turn to be the unlucky one!!. I am getting the Classic not responding to queries. A bit strange to have both packages of an order lost in the post !!

Because of their track record with lost in the post I never risk any big orders with them.

Been dealing with 7dayshop for over 10 years and never had any problems but i do stick to smaller items like cartridges and batteries(got 70-200 canon lens a couple of years back .But i dont think they are very easy to contact. Did you order by credit card as it may be easier to contact them explaining you've not got your orders and let them contact 7dayshop.Let us know how you get on.

Hi Graham

I paid through Switch. Like you I've used them many times without a problem.

It was a small order of batteries, memory card and I though I'd try the cheapo remote release for Canon. Said to be dispatched on the 8th but no sign of it. Also checked with our old local postman who just about knows every bodies business.

To add salt in the wound they have just reduced the memory card by 2 quid.

Not too worried about it but loath to repeat the order if the same happens again.

I've used them before and never had any problems. However, I have noticed that the post since Christmas has been very sluggish and I don't think I'm the only one thats had stuff delayed or go missing. I sent a CD of a photobook order to Aldi Photo and have not yet been invoiced and have tried to find out from them whether they actually received it. So far they have failed to give me an answer.

For those who maybe interested - I have just got a response to the query I made 7 days ago. ( now you know why they are called 7 dayshop :) ). It appears I have to wait the full 28 days (until 5th Feb) before resending or a refund. So hope is not lost yet.

i have just today took delivery of quite a large order from 7dayshop, everything was there that i ordered, and it took approx. 4 days to deliver, and that was with standard delivery. i have used 7day now for quite a few years and ordered quite a bit from them including 2 canon dslr cameras plus countless other items and have always had a great service with no problems.

i have just today took delivery of quite a large order from 7dayshop, everything was there that i ordered, and it took approx. 4 days to deliver, and that was with standard delivery. i have used 7day now for quite a few years and ordered quite a bit from them including 2 canon dslr cameras plus countless other items and have always had a great service with no problems.

That's a relief to know - ordered battery pack and Canon lens a few days ago, so biting my fingernails a bit - haven't used them before.

I liked the idea of Royal Mail delivery instead of City Link etc - couriers seem to make little effort to delivery your goods after the first attempt and give you no choice when the second attempt will be.... to change this involves a lot of palava, even then it can involve trawling to a town miles away to pick up the goods!

That's a relief to know - ordered battery pack and Canon lens a few days ago, so biting my fingernails a bit - haven't used them before.

I liked the idea of Royal Mail delivery instead of City Link etc - couriers seem to make little effort to delivery your goods after the first attempt and give you no choice when the second attempt will be.... to change this involves a lot of palava, even then it can involve trawling to a town miles away to pick up the goods!

Hi D

I've ordered from 7 day shop 4 or 5 times but never anything as expensive as a lens, most was about £40 if I remember....never had any problems. The most recent one was about two weeks ago and arrived in less than a week. 7 day shop is based in Guernsey so post takes a bit longer than if mainland Uk.

Joanne

As of today all of the items are officially lost in the Post so I can make a claim. I am not interested in a refund I just want the items I ordered. I'll let you know how that proceeds.

Yes it is good to see they now offer Royal Mail delivery for expensive items. Most of my orders have been in the £30 mark. 2 of the orders were over £200. As I have said no problems until the last order.

Last edited:
Yes it is good to see they now offer Royal Mail delivery for expensive items. Most of my orders have been in the £30 mark. 2 of the orders were over £200. As I have said not problems until the last order.

Well the postman's just been! My Canon 70-300 IS from 7Dayshop has just arrived, adequately packaged, just 4 days after I ordered it!

When I told the postman 'wow that was quick' he said it had been guaranteed next day delivery after dispatch from depot. I hadn't paid extra for that! £3.95 only. Apparently, 7dayshop use 'guarantee next day special delivery' on all items over a certain cost.

I'm impressed.

7Dayshop kept to their word and resent the items last week which I received today. Shame I had to wait 28 days for the items to be declared officially lost in the post. All ended well in the end. :t:

Glad to hear that robski :)

I've been using them for many years, and they have always come through for me. They even replaced a bunch of processing vouchers even though I could not work out if I had lost them, or they had forgotten to include them with my order! There are not too many places around that would do that...

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back