• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Cure for Swinging Binoculars (3 Viewers)

A worse problem I have, now that I'm venturing tentatively into the photography world, is binoculars and camera clanking together - and wielding the two items of equipment at the same time generally! Things have improved since shortening the bins strap considerably. It only needs to be long enough to raise to your eyes...

I must say I found the binocular harnesses pretty unwieldy myself. They tend to slip off the shoulders no matter how you adjust the straps.

To prevent them from "clankin" against each other i hang my camera on my shoulder so that it is under my arm sort of...Works for me

To clarify - I have been wearing them like a purse, over the shoulder, under your arm, works well for me, with minimal swing.

But I think a harness might be a better solution.

Instead of a neck strap I have my binoculars attached to a carabiner type clip, that I clip onto a lug on the shoulder strap of my backpack, or the side of my waistpack. At least the swing is a bit limited in its range that way, and bounce is almost entirely eliminated.

What works really well for me is to have them inside my half-zipped fleece. You can still whip them out in a flash but they are restricted from bouncing around. An added bonus is that they never steam up on a cold day because they are the same temp as my eyeballs!
Cheers.

Please tell us your not a female...

Please tell us your not a female...

lol I don't think he is . . . well last time he wasn't at any rate (as per birding expedition.) Facial hair, dress sense (mostly), things like that led us to believe he wasn''t anyway . . .(Hi Mike :t: ).

Actually it could be scarier if he wasn't, what with the advent of manboobs (moobs) in some (as per the audi thread in RF) . . . :eek!:

;)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back