• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Devonian Does Devon Bash 2004! (3 Viewers)

Seems to be a success then as one or two are suggesting either returning to Devon or doing it again sometime. Thank goodness!

As forn the Friday birding with Trevor, I shall post a report as soon as it is done but first the Woodchat Shrike! The highlight of the day will be going to a caravan sale after the Shrike for one simple reason, FREE BARBEQUE!!!

Thanks Andrew for organising the Bash, Great fun.
We missed a few birds- Med Gull, Egret, Osprey...but the company made up for that.
Good to meet you all, we'll have to do it again in the winter.:t:

I wishhad, had some time to get into BF recently, as I have missed out on a really wonderful time with you all, perhaps I will make it next time, after having PC troubles and all the other things going on with disability nonsense, fighting for all needs, and meetings I think I'm almost there, so will now perhaps get on properly soon.
Super report, super time, I envy you all having got there!
Andrew, I will have to get you to keep me up to speed so I don't miss out next time, and as for PDuxon, why didn't you tell me? Or were you just as tied up? Andrew, please tell me next time?
Hopefully I'm back now!!

Nina,
Done, I shall keep you informed next time.

Gerry,
A winter Bash is a good idea and should get a real bounty of birds by doing BGM and Exminster.

ROSEATE TERN UPDATE : As Sod's Law would have it the Roseate Terns have resumed their usual habit of roosting in the high tide roost the day after! Three of the blighters!

helenol said:
Jo, you will notice Andrew has also placed the names, from left to right.
Sorry - Didnt scroll down the page far enough to find the text!! As you can tell, I don't often look at the gallery!!

Andrew said:
ROSEATE TERN UPDATE : As Sod's Law would have it the Roseate Terns have resumed their usual habit of roosting in the high tide roost the day after! Three of the blighters!
Maybe we should have stuck it out longer yesterday. :eek!:

Bluetail said:
Maybe we should have stuck it out longer yesterday. :eek!:
Blimey, I've already got a red neck along with a nice white band where the bin strap was! Any longer out there and I'd would have looked like a lobster!

helenol said:
Blimey, I've already got a red neck along with a nice white band where the bin strap was! Any longer out there and I'd would have looked like a lobster!
Yah, boo, shucks! Shan't lend you my bins again then! <runs home crying>

Your report of the day was an enjoyable read - as always Andrew! Glad you all had a good day and i`m sorry that some of the birds didn`t co-operate for you :( Better luck next time!
As you know I oh-so nearly made it down to Dawlish on Saturday (i`d have been there if the Roseates had been!!) - getting as close as Exminster - before being summoned East by the lure of an American Golden Plover!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back