• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A few Puzzling Warbler/Flycatcher birdies, ID help please. Costa Rica (1 Viewer)

Shane3004

England
Hi.
Looking for a bit of help with these few Warblers/Flycatcher please. All taken in Arenal and Manuel Antonio areas.
I think........
1. Mourning Warbler?
2. Tennessee Warbler?
3. Yellow-bellied OR Yellowish Flycatcher?
4. Possibly Tennessee in breeding plumage?
5. Wilson's Warbler?

Thanks for looking.

Shane

Attachments

• DSC_4383-Enhanced-NR.jpeg
    DSC_4383-Enhanced-NR.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
  • DSC_4975-Enhanced-NR.jpeg
    DSC_4975-Enhanced-NR.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • DSC_5026-Enhanced-NR.jpeg
    DSC_5026-Enhanced-NR.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 60
  • DSC_5031-Enhanced-NR.jpeg
    DSC_5031-Enhanced-NR.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 58
  • Wilson's Warbler.jpeg
    Wilson's Warbler.jpeg
    1,011.9 KB · Views: 59
1. Mourning Warbler
2. Tennessee Warbler
3. Not Yellow-bellied, the wing bars are much too dull. It seems to be a match for Yellowish but I have no knowledge of Central American flycatchers.
4. Doesn't look like any US bird I'm familiar with
5. Wilson's Warbler

Agree with Querty on 1, 2, 5 dunno for the rest.

Would recommend not "enhancing" photos with AI since it can obscure things present and bring out/create things that are not. For example, the flycatcher's whiskers and the area below the eye on #4 both look weird.

Thanks for looking and for the advice. I do have the original shots so may post them to see if that helps, it was very dark and noisy, hence the denoise, which I am new to. 🤦‍♂️

1. Mourning Warbler
2. Tennessee Warbler
3. Not Yellow-bellied, the wing bars are much too dull. It seems to be a match for Yellowish but I have no knowledge of Central American flycatchers.
4. Doesn't look like any US bird I'm familiar with
5. Wilson's Warbler
3: agree yellowish: cinnamon wing bars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back