• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Spoon-billed Sanderling, China. (1 Viewer)

If you move a photo to a new folder, or put in into your computer/data storage device it gets a date from that event. This is separate from the date taken date in the meta data. At a quick glance it is easy to make a mistake. Re sorting date, I totally agree and still have folders that are not fully sorted from trips as far back as 2019. Sometimes it is daunting to go through photos that are at far range in poor lighting conditions. We normally go as a party of 3 and have different sets of lenses and camera bodies. Sometimes it takes all 3 sets to work out what it is or isn't. I throw out a lot of such photos, but keep year lists. So every species count, even if there is little chance of it being a lifer. (My character trait demands this.:eek::sleep:;)) 3 people taking on average 10,000 photos each add up to a lot of time and effort to sort through the results.

As to photoshopping, I will say that I have nephews that could well slip in a curve ball as a joke to test me. They would let me know before I got too confused though and come clean.

As to online disagreements, to disagree is fine and necessary at times. Please try and be tolerant and rise above any perceived slights from either side. This forum has a reputation of being tolerant and kind. If you like you have to "rumble", there is always ruffled feathers or the pm. This is my personal opinion which you can ignore, obviously (big of me, I know ;) ). I prefer a forum where people can discuss threads in an socially agreeable and friendly manner. Remember that people answering threads have spent time and effort to help others. Something that shouldn't be taken for granted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back