• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A trio from Mulu NP - Sarawak (1 Viewer)

stuartvine

One and three look like Bulbuls, but I'm not sure which species (actually, I'm not at all sure what the "tailless" one is)!

Attachments

• 1Q1A8987.jpg
    1Q1A8987.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 1Q1A8990.jpg
    1Q1A8990.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 1Q1A9336.jpg
    1Q1A9336.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 47
Charlotte's Bulbul I. charlottae. Fairly certain ssp. charlottae in Borneo now split from Buff-vented Bulbul I. crypta

By IOC and Clements, yes, but HBW seems to have backtracked.

Last edited:
Curious how you distinguish the third bird from perplexus Cream-vented Bulbul and more importantly Olive-winged Bulbul - it does look like there are some yellow tones on the remiges. I have no field experience with these birds but will be in Sabah later this year so this interests me.

Cheers!
Josh

Curious how you distinguish the third bird from perplexus Cream-vented Bulbul and more importantly Olive-winged Bulbul - it does look like there are some yellow tones on the remiges. I have no field experience with these birds but will be in Sabah later this year so this interests me.

Cheers!
Josh

It's an Olive-winged Josh. Must have overlooked this earlier.

Grahame

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back