• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ABA Big Year 2017 (3 Viewers)

I think the continental records will still be significant, if only because to compete at the new ABA level, you pretty much have to go after most of the vagrants in the USA. Change in rules is really going to only effect whether you make an effort at a few seabirds that are probably easier in Hawaii

As I perused the article about the checklist changes in the new issue of Birding I realized that I'd neglected to change Crested Caracara from a Code 1 to Code 2. It's fixed now, so the attached sheets should do the trick as we go forward. The only other issue is that the article mentioned Nutting's Flycatcher had been changed from a Code 5 to a Code 4, but the online ABA Checklist does not reflect that change. I have an email in to them to get clarification, but I've left it as a Code 5 per the checklist.
I look forward to an excuse to get ABA Big Year 2018 added to the forum!
Joe

Attachments

• ContinentalBigYears2017.xlsx
    107.7 KB · Views: 29
  • ContinentalBigYears2017ByCode.xlsx
    597.4 KB · Views: 28
  • NewABABigYears2017.xlsx
    88.2 KB · Views: 27
  • NewABABigYears2017ByCode.xlsx
    570.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
After getting a number of opinions about her photographs, Laura Keene has added Townsend's Storm-Petrel to her 2016 Big Year list. She'd notified the other Big Year birders (from both 2016 and 2017), and now I'm updating the sheets. I'll update again once the 2017 provisional birds have been decided upon.
Joe

Attachments

• ContinentalBigYears2017.xlsx
    107.7 KB · Views: 20
  • ContinentalBigYears2017ByCode.xlsx
    597.2 KB · Views: 19
  • NewABABigYears2017.xlsx
    88.2 KB · Views: 19
  • NewABABigYears2017ByCode.xlsx
    570.7 KB · Views: 14
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back