• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ABA Photo Quiz (6 Viewers)

Guess I lost sight of the fact that this was in fact a quiz and not an exercise in bird identification. Must be a symptom of the aging process!

Couch's Kingbird, Western Kingbird, Northern Mockingbird

Western Kingbird, Roseate Spoonbill, Northern Mockingbird

What Dan!? lol

Western Kingbird, Scissor-tailed Flycatcher, Northern Mockingbird

Right on, Reuven! :t: Western Kingbird, Scissor-tailed Flycatcher, and Northern Mockingbird is correct! The Western Kingbird on the top wire, and Scissor-tailed Flycatcher on the bottom wire. Would have been a little easier if that Scissor-tailed had a little longer tail. Sorry, I guess that was a hard one! ;)

Scores:

Reuven_M: 341
jmepler: 140
apbarr: 135
neil78: 67
Larry Lade: 62
Simon Wates: 37
Trystan: 27
Kratter: 22
Phil Carter: 17
birdmeister: 6

Now here is an easy one...

Attachments

• IMG_2248.jpg
    IMG_2248.jpg
    633.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
The bird seems to have some faint streaking on the breast, so I do not think it is a vireo. Still think it is a wood warbler of some kind. I guess we will see, eventually!

Reuven is right again with Tennessee Warbler!

Scores:

Reuven_M: 352
jmepler: 140
apbarr: 135
neil78: 67
Larry Lade: 62
Simon Wates: 37
Trystan: 27
Kratter: 22
Phil Carter: 17
birdmeister: 6

Attachments

• 102902.jpg
    102902.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 85
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back