• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

adapt a digital camera for my Zeiss Gavia 85 (1 Viewer)

Ghostin

United States
Hello. new to the forum. Greetings! Last year, after observing some people use spotting scopes to view wildlife at GTNP, I decided to take the plunge and buy a Zeiss Gavia 85. Great scope, probably more than I need, but it was a decent deal. I have a PhoneSkope adapter and use an iphone 6 to take some photos and videos. The quality is okay, but I would really like to be able to adapt a digital camera to this. I am not even opposed to buying a used camera if it works better. Maybe something like an older Sony a6300 mirrorless or something similar. Have any of you done this and what do you use?

Hello. new to the forum. Greetings! Last year, after observing some people use spotting scopes to view wildlife at GTNP, I decided to take the plunge and buy a Zeiss Gavia 85. Great scope, probably more than I need, but it was a decent deal. I have a PhoneSkope adapter and use an iphone 6 to take some photos and videos. The quality is okay, but I would really like to be able to adapt a digital camera to this. I am not even opposed to buying a used camera if it works better. Maybe something like an older Sony a6300 mirrorless or something similar. Have any of you done this and what do you use?

Try Digidapter for your digital camera. I have one and really good

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back