• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ain't life just like that? (1 Viewer)

Alan G

Having just returned yesterday from a week away in North Norfolk (trip report to follow),we had to be out of the cottage by 10 so we decided to leave really early when the roads were empty so set off at 3:30 am and got home at 7:30......I was knackered so went to kip for a few hours.

I woke up yesterday lunchtime and headed to local site Arcot Pond for a spot of birding. There wasn't much doing so I headed back the car to find it wouldn't start and I ended up ringing the AA.

So I headed back to the the pond until the recovery vehicle arrived.

No sooner had I walked back into the Pond area when a female Marsh Harrier was spotted over the far side of the pond heading East. It then retraced its steps and gave another pass of the pond before disappearing West (presumably to Prestwick Carr where sighting are quite rgular).

I also heard Grasshopper Warbler in the hedgerow as I walked through the gated entrance.

Now, I wouldn't have seen or heard either of these two birds had the car not broken down..........but then again I wouldn't be £150 out of pocket for a new starter motor either.

Isn't that just the way?

:hi:

Alan

ps: The harrier was a year tick for the County, but having just returned from Norfolk, I'd had numerous sightings of these splendid birds but it was still a pleasant surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:
pauliev69 said:
File that in "irony corner" Alan! sorry about the starter motor, dont you just hate cars!

Already filed away, and the credit card 'primed' I hasten to add!

Got all next week week off work to fill with some local birding, and fishing, so thankfully the other (main) car's raring to go for the week ahead......

B :)

Alan

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back