• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alaudidae (Central Spain) (1 Viewer)

SLopezM

Sergio López Martín
Hello everyone. I saw this bird some years ago (during March) in Guadalajara (Spain). The area included some pine trees, crop fields and water areas. Do you know the species? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    663.3 KB · Views: 86
Yes, I know the quality is really poor o:D . But yes, skylark sounds good to me: I took some pictures of it that same day.

MY first impression is Thekla's Lark - though with a piccy like this it could be a Crested. The strong face pattern and general colour fits better for Thekla's. Just cannot see a Skylark....

I could well be wrong with Skylark. Enhanced version on its way, in case it helps . . . (uploading pics is crashing browser again tonight)

Excellent, thanks! Does it help with the ID? It's certainly making me a lot more sympathetic to Thekla's; I think the bill is too short and stout for Crested.

Excellent, thanks! Does it help with the ID? It's certainly making me a lot more sympathetic to Thekla's; I think the bill is too short and stout for Crested.

No problem.

I'd personally leave it as Galerida sp. The pair can be complicated enough even with good quality pics sometimes... :smoke:

The bill looks fine for Crested on my screen, it certainly never looked liked a Skylark to me.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back