• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Algarve Wader (1 Viewer)

ndsutcliffe

SkyBlue136
Taken at first light this morning, so quality pretty poor I'm afraid. Lots of Redshanks around and a few Greenshanks, but this bird had a longer bill - I think I can detect a slight droop at the tip of the bill as well (in img 6238). Also a strong white forehead, so was wondering Spotted Redshank? Not seen one there before, so seeking confirmation/correction.

IMG_6238.JPGIMG_6242.JPGIMG_6243.JPG

...and one can kid oneself that the red bill-base is lower mandible only (à la spotted redshank), but the photo quality is too poor (no offence) to be sure of that. Anyway, the bill structure (length, fineness) nails it 👍🏼

Users who are viewing this thread

Back