• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

All the Birds of the World: QUICK-FIND Index (1 Viewer)

Swissboy

Sempach, Switzerland
Supporter
Switzerland
Like I often do, I compiled another Quick Index. This one for the new "All the Birds ..." single volume Lynx_HBW book. The pictorial compilations on the inside covers are fine, but by necessity non-alphabetic. and the fonts are not exactly eye-friendly, to put it mildly. In fact, for my compilation I used those illustrated pages, but I needed a medium-power magnifying glass to be certain I read the page numbers correctly.

I based my new list on the earlier ones I had done for the Illustrated Checklists, so things went pretty straightforward. See https://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=289327&highlight=illustrated+checklist&page=5 for the philosophy I followed (post #101). It is less comprehensive for the first volume though. The same holds now for the two parts here. The two lists can be downloaded freely by anyone who so pleases. I'd appreciate being notified about possible mistakes.

I should add that the respective lists in my two volumes of the Illustrated Checklist are the ones that I use very often, indeed. So no luxury as far as I am concerned.

The lists provided here fit well on the two blank pages next to the inside back cover. Also, there are two blank pages up front, just not adjacent, but also convenient. I will likely add the lists both up front and in the back. That is what I have done with the Checklists, too.

Attachments

• QUICK INDEX ALL THE BIRDS Part 1 Non-Passerines HBW.docx
    18.9 KB · Views: 77
  • QUICK INDEX - ALL THE BIRDS.. - Part 2 (Passerines) 2020 11 06 expanded.docx
    25.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Robert, just noticed Your index today - thx a lot, much appreciated!

Danke vielmals für Deine Mühe,

LG Vollmeise)

Robert, just noticed Your index today - thx a lot, much appreciated!

Danke vielmals für Deine Mühe,

LG Vollmeise)
Gern geschehen, ich hatte es ja eh schon für mich gemacht. also nur noch an alle weiterreichen. :D
Translated: I had done it for my own needs, so the only extra is to post it for everybody here. So just happy if some others like it as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back