• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

All the Rare Birds of Europe - book (1 Viewer)

Hello,
I'm sorry to bother, but I've been looking for something about rare birds in WP and can't find anything which fits what I was expecting.
However, I found a book which seems really nice, with info about the species, but most importantly, where they had appeared. But, unfortunately it seems the book had only been edited in french ("Tous les Oiseaux Rares d'Europe") and dutch ("Zeldzame Vogels van Europa"). Does anyone know if this book is expected in english anytime soon?

Do you recommend any other book about rare birds in WP worth buying? I wanted something which sums up the very rare birds which appeared or are expected to appear in WP and comprises the places/dates where/when they did.

thanks in advance, really expecting your answers

I have a copy of the book in French and suggested an English language copy to a publisher for Bloomsbury books (I think) who I follow on Twitter (and who posts on here), and he said there were no plans for one, unfortunately. Despite my mostly forgotten schoolboy French I can more or less translate the captions. I wrote the names in English on each bird to make it easier for me to remember which bird is which as there were a few I didnt recognise. For what it costs, I'd suggest getting a copy anyway. I think there might be some smartphone apps now that can translate text in photos, - though I might have imagined that - so it would be possible to translate any caption required in that way (or you can type it out and get it translated via google translate etc if those apps don't actually exist).

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back