• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alt Penedes, Spain: another I need some help with (1 Viewer)

Hello Ben,

do you have pictures? At least I need to see details of the wing to be sure of identification (= better wait for members from Spain or elswhere), but
  • obvious yellow tinge to legs
  • coloured hue to the iris
  • buffish or peachy bits on the flanks and breast (different impression on two devices, often advisable to asses fine hues)
should make this a one of the Subalpine Warblers.

I dont get a Common Whitethroat vibe here (dainty bill lacking any yellowish/pinkish, orangey hue on the base, many have more intense, even and/or extensive hues on the underparts, not just bits as your bird).

And how about a Spectacled Warbler? Its a long time that I have seen my last one ....

I don't understand. No-one who has commented is pretending to have given you anything like a definitive ID. It's still unidentified.
OK not sure of the protocol - if it should be classed as unidentified I'll remove it from the Forum.

No, please dont remove it - that's not the idea of the forum at all. It's entirely up to you what conclusions you draw from people's ID comments - there is no such thing as a 'formal conclusion' in this forum. But I shouldn't like you to think from the comments you have received (so far) that any definite view on the ID has been expressed.

No, please dont remove it - that's not the idea of the forum at all. It's entirely up to you what conclusions you draw from people's ID comments - there is no such thing as a 'formal conclusion' in this forum. But I shouldn't like you to think from the comments you have received (so far) that any definite view on the ID has been expressed.
Of course @Butty - I had attached a comment on my Flickr to the extent that it might not be, but you're right it's better to be clear that ID hasn't been confirmed, I'll do that on the Flickr - @Harrybongo - thanks just looked that up and it seems quite possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back