• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

American Bird Quiz (1 Viewer)

Of course :p

Ok, I just found out about this bird and I just had to do a riddle on it.
NOTE: THIS BIRD IS NOT FOUND IN THE U.S.

Riddle: Moneybird.

Larry Lade is right.
Maltese Falcon: Yes I know the Dollarbird exists. It may not be obvious that this riddle is the Dollarbird to everyone. The Dollarbird lives mostly in Australia and surrounding areas (quite a while around), and the board is composed of mostly Englishmen and Americans (With a few Swedes and Brazilians), without much people from those areas. There is no need to make fun on "how easy" it was.

Anyway...
You have to love this bird with its big abnormal-looking beak and the feathers sticking out of it's head.

Sorry if I made you feel silly Mloyko.
The only bird that came to mind is a hoopoe and there arent any of those in America

It's alright I had no idea a dollarbird existed, so green reminds me of money so I guessed green finch. I'm assuming that the new hint is the bird with a big beak and large feathers sticking out of it's head?

Tufted Puffin?

Last edited:
Red-naped Sapsucker?

Although the Red-breasted Sapsucker Falcon suggested has much more red on it the the red-naped....I for sure thought they got it.

Oh, I may be wrong but yes Red-Naped is what I was thinking of.

Next:
This bird was introduced from Eurasia, has stripy sides, and is often hunted.

Oh, I may be wrong but yes Red-Naped is what I was thinking of.

Next:
This bird was introduced from Eurasia, has stripy sides, and is often hunted.

The Falcon gets that one, and Cub...you spelled it right :t: And I believe got it right not only becuse it makes sense but it is Utahnbirder's newest lifer too ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back