• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another Pipit ID please (4 Viewers)

Well without wanting to seem too argumentative - if that's a photgraphic effect - then so might be every other feature on this bird be, including the wing bars :)

Jane Turner said:
Well without wanting to seem too argumentative - if that's a photgraphic effect - then so might be every other feature on this bird be, including the wing bars :)

Would agree to that.
JanJ

Been playing - not sure if it looks more like a Wapit or A Wagtail afte this - but there is a necklace of spots round a pale throat.

I turned down the contrast and the brightness and turned up the colour saturation a bit.

Attachments

• cit-wap.JPG
    cit-wap.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 72
nah, I think the wingbars are real ... the streak, sorry, maybe a crap monitor I dunno, but can't make out if it's real or not ... looks 'odd', very bold and isolated

London Birder said:
nah, I think the wingbars are real ... the streak, sorry, maybe a crap monitor I dunno, but can't make out if it's real or not ... looks 'odd', very bold and isolated

London Birder, when you say .....can't make out if it's real or not ...would you be referring to a trick of light or deliberate post-processing?

cyberdoc,

not sure what 'deliberate post-processing' means...what I mean is that when I fiddle with colours and resize it looks like a photgraphics artifact as opposed to a real plumage feature (could be wrong) ...

when I reduce the gamma the 'gorget' becomes a little clearer also and looks like a juv/1st-wint wagtail

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back