• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Austin Texas area- ID with just a calling? (1 Viewer)

ekillian

United States
I’m incredibly new to the community (can’t even really call myself a member yet), but I was wondering if someone could help identify a bird from just their calling. I can’t get an accurate recording, so the best I can get is describing it.

It sounds like, “ooa-hoo ooa-hoo”. There is an inflection on the “a” syllable, but other than that it’s a fairly even tone with no sound dying off.

Welcome.

It's tricky to put bird sounds into english letters as everyone does it differently. That said, my guess is that you might be a hearing a eurasian collared dove. There are many of them in residential areas, and they can sign frequently.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back