• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Could anyone help to identify an October bird call? (1 Viewer)

LilyGail

United Kingdom
Hi everyone ,
I’m hoping someone could help me identify a bird call that I only hear mid October.
We lost our beautiful daughter Lily on 16 th October 2005 (age 7).
The night she died there was this bird call so distinct (after dark) that I can’t describe it but Every year the moment I hear it I know it.
I heard it today ( during the day) 14 th October and I’ve heard it every year since we lost her but only in the middle of October and during the day. I’ve Never heard it any other time of year.

The only way I can describe it is just a single squawk on the wind. If I wasn’t tuned in to it in my brain I doubt I would hear it and maybe others haven’t heard it?
I wondered if it is a migrating bird?
If anyone has any suggestions so that I can google it to check the call I would be so grateful.
Many thanks
Gail
ps sorry I live in East Riding Yorkshire England

Hi Gail and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Sorry I can't help with this call, so I'll move your post to the ID forum to see if they have some ideas for you.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back