• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Availability of (new) Nikon Monarch 5 8x42? (1 Viewer)

JMaldaner

United States
I am striking out trying to find this bino. I’ve found shops selling used versions. Does anyone know where these are still available? Thank you!

Secondary question. I’ve become aware that Nikon is exiting the binocular arena as far as manufacturing/marketing is concerned. Should I have any concerns with warranty work down the road if I buy one of their binoculars?

I checked at a few places...I didn't see one in the USA NIB. You CAN get them from Japan on eBay. I've ordered a couple of Nikon binoculars from Japan and haven't had any issues whatsoever. Monarch 7 8X42 seem to be the same way currently.

Hmmm? Nikon Sports Optics USA and B&H both have the item available, albeit on backorder. I realize the OP is going in different direction, but they can be had. Am I missing something?

Scott

Hmmm? Nikon Sports Optics USA and B&H both have the item available, albeit on backorder. I realize the OP is going in different direction, but they can be had. Am I missing something?

Scott
Here's the way I look at it. I probably looked at ten total retailers....all had the Monarch 5 8X42 on "backorder." Nikonusa even has it on "backorder." So I look at it differently as EVERYWHERE I checked the binocular is on "backorder." I'd consider that "not available." At least in the short term.

Here's the way I look at it. I probably looked at ten total retailers....all had the Monarch 5 8X42 on "backorder." Nikonusa even has it on "backorder." So I look at it differently as EVERYWHERE I checked the binocular is on "backorder." I'd consider that "not available." At least in the short term.
Yes, that was my conclusion! Optics Planet said expected availability was 4-7 months. That doesn’t give me a warm fuzzy feeling when our anniversary is the end of this month. A local sporting goods store told me Nikon was exiting the binocular arena. he did not know if they would get more Monarch 5 8x42’s. He doubted it.

Is there a possibility of a shortage of materials, I have noticed it in a few other areas. If Nikon is exiting the binocular business, surely others would have heard about it by now.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back