• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Awww...crap. Anyone have a spare 10x50EL free to a good home??? (2 Viewers)

I am flattered that you are quoting me Brock but that was before I seen the light or rather the light through a Zeiss 8x32 FL.

Well, you did say hard to beat, not impossible to beat.

Even the venerable SE can be beat by a roof if one is willing to pay the price. Or at least we'll find out when the 8x32 SV EL hits the market. :)

Last edited:
Bill - I feel your pain :p

Supposin'........just supposin'...........you only had 3 months to live.......o:D

No need to save fer a rainy day, no worries about shrinking pupil size, let alone exchange rates;
or druthers about some maybe soon to be released super-duper-uber bin.......just 3 months to live......

Whaddya choose........? :t:

Chosun :gh:

You only need to know one thing.......all else is irrelevant

Bill - I feel your pain :p

Supposin'........just supposin'...........you only had 3 months to live.......o:D

No need to save fer a rainy day, no worries about shrinking pupil size, let alone exchange rates;
or druthers about some maybe soon to be released super-duper-uber bin.......just 3 months to live......

Whaddya choose........? :t:

You only need to know one thing.......all else is irrelevant

If money were no object, and I had only three months to live, alpha binoculars would be the least of my concerns. I’d try accomplish the top four items of my “Bucket List”........all else is irrelevant.

First, I’d set up a sizable trust fund for my stepdaughters to make sure they were taken care of for the rest of their lives.

Second, I’d call up my old girlfriend, play her Elvis' "One Night With You," and make her husband an “Indecent Proposal” for a cool million.

Third, I’d call Space Adventures and cut them a check for $20 million for a two-week ultimate getaway vacation on board the ISS.

Fourth, I’d contact Anousheh Ansari, who already stayed on the ISS, and ask her to join me. She couldn't refuse a dying man's request, particularly with a free spaceflight thrown in the deal. In case you never heard of Ansari, here she is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anousheh_Ansari

The ISS is equipped with Zeiss 20X60 Classic IS binoculars, so need to buy a new pair for $6K. Also, their heavy weight would not be a problem on the ISS.

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/zeiss/iss004e9688.jpg

Then after Anousheh and I said our final goodbyes in my sleeping bag, which would surely suck out whatever life was left in me, the crew would give me a proper burial in space. If you saw a “shooting star” someday, that might be me.

Brock

Last edited:
If money were no object, and I had only three months to live, alpha binoculars would be the least of my concerns. I’d try accomplish the top four items of my “Bucket List”........all else is irrelevant.

First, I’d set up a sizable trust fund for my stepdaughters to make sure they were taken care of for the rest of their lives.

Second, I’d call up my old girlfriend, play her Elvis' "One Night With You," and make her husband an “Indecent Proposal” for a cool million.

Third, I’d call Space Adventures and cut them a check for $20 million for a two-week ultimate getaway vacation on board the ISS.

Fourth, I’d contact Anousheh Ansari, who already stayed on the ISS, and ask her to join me. She couldn't refuse a dying man's request, particularly with a free spaceflight thrown in the deal. In case you never heard of Ansari, here she is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anousheh_Ansari

The ISS is equipped with Zeiss 20X60 Classic IS binoculars, so need to buy a new pair for $6K. Also, their heavy weight would not be a problem on the ISS.

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/zeiss/iss004e9688.jpg

Then after Anousheh and I said our final goodbyes in my sleeping bag, which would surely suck out whatever life was left in me, the crew would give me a proper burial in space. If you saw a “shooting star” someday, that might be me.

Brock

Brock, sometimes you make me mad, sometimes I just shake my head and sometimes you make me laugh.:t:

If i could write a check for 1 million, let alone 20 million I sure wouldn't be wasting my time on Birdforum reading about some poor dude whining about expensive bins.

If money were no object

Brock.....you are not allowed to have Unlimited money! That's just plain silly :-O
Please confine yourself to the money you presently have :stuck:

We're just trying to help Bill justify the decision he'd like to make :t:
(so we can then read the glowing first hand reports, conveniently providing our own justifications).........

You only need to know one thing.......all else is irreverent :cat:

Hmm, me thinks those look familiar. There isn't any ED glass in the second bin but there is a specific type of element/design in the eyepiece to flatten the field.

Just back to the website after a break. I hope you guys are not correct - even if you are- I am going to pretend you are not - for my own sanity.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back