• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Baby Bird Found, Unknown Fledgling Species (1 Viewer)

VincentWade

Ireland
Hey, I found a baby bird that my dog had alerted me to beside some plant pots. There is no area for birds to nest around me so I have no idea where it has come from! It’s eating well and doesn’t seem injured, can anyone identify the bird for me so that I can find out what to do/where to go with it?

It has black and white horizontal stripes on its wings, is small like a sparrow and has very amusing tufts of grey feathers on its head. The tail is still very short and it has very long legs. Any help would be great!

Hey, I found a baby bird that my dog had alerted me to beside some plant pots. There is no area for birds to nest around me so I have no idea where it has come from! It’s eating well and doesn’t seem injured, can anyone identify the bird for me so that I can find out what to do/where to go with it?

It has black and white horizontal stripes on its wings, is small like a sparrow and has very amusing tufts of grey feathers on its head. The tail is still very short and it has very long legs. Any help would be great!

Attachments

• 8C91F07E-ABE8-4A03-A33F-2194DF900EB1.jpeg
    8C91F07E-ABE8-4A03-A33F-2194DF900EB1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Welcome to Birdforum.

I suggest you put it back where you found it as the parents could be nearby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back