• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BBC Twitching Documentary (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a (semi) light-hearted note:how many species of bird are actually identifiable on the programme?

I'm on my third viewing :)

I don't think we can really judge these things after what we've seen on the TV public forums are not the place to be discussing these things....

Agreed, especially when those judgements involve suggestions that referrals to social services are appropriate, as they have on here.

Time to stop posting any negative comments about a seven year old child or her parents upbringing of her.

Stephen.

Perhaps if certain individuals didn't seek the limelight then they wouldn't be open to any criticism,personally,I could think of nothing worse than having my family thrust in front of the tv cameras for such a documentary

What would I give to get all of the contributors (to this thread) in the same hide. That would make for a good documentary.

What would I give to get all of the contributors (to this thread) in the same hide. That would make for a good documentary.

I'd be up for that but I'm mad. Perhaps the hide the American Bitten can be seen from. I'm sure everybody would get on fine. We're all safe to say what we like like behind our little keyboards. It's different when we meet in the field.

Jonathan

Thank you very sincerely for your apology and it is fully accepted. I have already discussed the situation with your good friends Simon Slade and Ed Smith and we all fully accepted that it was the stress of the situation and Charlie Kemp's disorganisation that made matters ten times worse. John Gregory and me go back a very long time and there will not be any animosity there but I do worry that such altercations will flare up again sometime in the future.

Better put the old gum shields in the scopepac bag then ;):t:

I'd be up for that but I'm mad. Perhaps the hide the American Bitten can be seen from. I'm sure everybody would get on fine. We're all safe to say what we like like behind our little keyboards. It's different when we meet in the field.

So true. Happens on every forum regardless of the subject matter.

If a rarity turns up infront of the hide everyone in the hide must inform Lee and tell him how many birders have seen it. Also take pics of it that is most important.

If a rarity turns up infront of the hide everyone in the hide must inform Lee and tell him how many birders have seen it. Also take pics of it that is most important.

Is that pictures of the rarity or the twitchers that are needed for proof?

Johnny Allan

What happened to you. Lucy told me she was filming you for the film but all they showed was you puffing away on your celebration cigar at the Eastern Crowned. Why did you get left on the cutting floor?

The BBC must be p***ing themselves laughing.

They've picked at best a controversial pastime (twitching not birdwatching), persuaded some of the big guns irrespective of personal opinions of them, filmed them and edited it to depict these people in the manner in which they wanted them portrayed.

The media ie TV and newspapers are experts at this. They only write or show what they want you to know and what they want you to see

Lee - Some of your comments were not very diplomatic and maybe they should have been saved for the pub or the hide however your comments about inexperience or incompetence etc have gone through most of our heads at some point be it twitchers, patchworkers when a new face claims a rarity etc, etc. There's not really any difference between thinking it and saying it.

The BBC deliberately protrayed the young girl to be bored stiff to spark controversy. How much footage of the girl being very intrested ended up on the cutting room floor?

The BBC chose to screen Gary using a mobile phone at the wheel. What action did the BBC take to prevent this illegal and dangerous act happening again. If none then they are just as guilty. Once again this was screened to show twitchers in a bad light.

I cant remember the blokes name but one piece of commentary stated " ?? is having a day at home with the family as the pager is quiet". Was this an attempt to get all patchworkers screaming "get off your arse you lazy get and find your own birds"???

At the end of the day the media are scum who are experts in playing people. Rather than people slagging each other off on this forum which incidently the BBC probably know about and are laughing their socks off about we should be all demanding to see the uncut, unedited version to see the true picture and not their pile of old bollocks.

Ps - i would advise that everybody tells the BBC to F Off if they want to film a sequel.....

PPs - I'm a hardcore patchworker and have only been on 4 twitches this year, all in my own county........

Last edited:
This thread is soon to be a major movie. Working titles include 'Dude, Where's My Plane?' and 'Stungunfight at the OK Corral'.

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back