• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bct waterways survey (1 Viewer)

Anyone do the bat conservation trust waterways survey?
Surveying for Daubentens Bat

Just about to start my 2nd of 2023 on the River Test, North of Romsey.

Usually 250-300 bat passes on this stretch!

Attachments

• IMG_20230824_203152_004.jpg
    IMG_20230824_203152_004.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 2
Anyone do the bat conservation trust waterways survey?
Surveying for Daubentens Bat

Just about to start my 2nd of 2023 on the River Test, North of Romsey.

Usually 250-300 bat passes on this stretch!
Hi. I've just started to get into bats over the last month. I've done a little bit of reading, and awaiting, in the post, a more in depth book within the next few days! I've also purchased a low cost, but well rated and received, bat detector! I'll most probably get involved in local bat walks etc, next spring.........Can't wait! There's still a month or so before hibernation, and there's a few good spots locally, Millers Pond, Sholing, and Riverside Park (River Itchen) in Southampton, so, I'm going to learn as much as I can, and be more knowledgeable in the field, ready for next Spring. Happy detecting!

Hi. I've just started to get into bats over the last month. I've done a little bit of reading, and awaiting, in the post, a more in depth book within the next few days! I've also purchased a low cost, but well rated and received, bat detector! I'll most probably get involved in local bat walks etc, next spring.........Can't wait! There's still a month or so before hibernation, and there's a few good spots locally, Millers Pond, Sholing, and Riverside Park (River Itchen) in Southampton, so, I'm going to learn as much as I can, and be more knowledgeable in the field, ready for next Spring. Happy detecting!
Yes, New Forest as well, is good for Barbastelle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back