• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bees in nesting box! (1 Viewer)

Trevor73

Germany
Hi Guys,
I have a camera nesting box, nobody has decided to move in yet although I have had some interest. A Bee has triggered my camera a few times now. Any suggestions on how to repel them and attract some tits?
Thanks,

Trevor.

:unsure: ... this might be the wrong forum if you want to attract some tits ...

On a serious note: why not leave the bees be (pun intended) and put up another box for your intended audience?

I used to have a bee problem when Great Tits used to nest in my camera nestbox. When the birds flew out a bee would continue to fly in and when the bird came in they grab the bee and take it outside I thought they might have of gone out to kill it but nope never seemed to work. It didn’t seem to cause the birds to dessert the nest

I used to have a bee problem when Great Tits used to nest in my camera nestbox. When the birds flew out a bee would continue to fly in and when the bird came in they grab the bee and take it outside I thought they might have of gone out to kill it but nope never seemed to work. It didn’t seem to cause the birds to dessert the nest
Hi, I saw the bee found it's way out now which is good. Some great tits keep poking their nose in, but no body decided to move in yet. 🙄

I would agree that if the bees decide to move in, leave them be(e). You can't always predict how nature will work. You can always set up another inexpensive birdbox elsewhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Back