• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Beginner. (1 Viewer)

Srf

England
Good morning every one. I have been getting more and more interested in bird watching over the last few years and want to take it a stage further. I would like to know what would be the best type of camera to catch pictures of birds whilst out on a walk. Obviously an slr would be ideal but i thinking about about a small but powerful digital camera that you do not have to set up so you do not miss the bird. Any help given ill be grateful

I’m not a photographer but I do have a camera for taking the occasional picture of a bird. That said, I generally concentrate on the bird I’m watching and forget to take a picture.

However, I good friend who is a photographer recommended the purchase of a relatively inexpensive bridge camera as a tool for a beginner. The principle being that it's easy to upgrade, assuming you have the budget.

edit for spelling

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back