• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

best camera + lens for Kowa TSN884? (1 Viewer)

Brims

United Kingdom
I've just posted this in introductions and copying it here!

I live at the Southern end of the Pentland hills.
Now retired.
Life long birder (Kowa scope, Swarovski & Leica bins) - I'm looking to get into Digiscoping birds (& beasts) as a retirement hobby.

To this end I'm contemplating acquiring a mirrorless camera (probably micro 4/3 to keep weight and size down) + lens to go with my TSN 884
Needs to be fairly weatherproof, light and easy to learn how to use.

Thinking about a Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III + a Kowa TSN-DA10 + TSN-AR adaptor.

I'm thinking that in-body and in-lens stabilisation and decent autofocus will be helpful.

Not sure what lens to use - prime or compact zoom? Eager to learn but the price of good gear means trial error is not the way to go! So need others to share their hands on experience of what works and (even more important!) what doesn't work.

Looking forward to learning!

Brims.

Well, in case anybody is interested, some feedback:

Using a Kowa TSN884 scope with eyepiece TE11-WZ or TE80XW
Olympus OMD EM5iii camera
OM M.Zuiko 20mm F 1.4 Pro lens
adaptor: Kowa TSN-DA10 + TSN-AR58

the above setup has no vignetting at all (regardless of zoom setting on the TE11-WZ)

I'll post some pictures once I've learned how to use it!!

Brims

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back