• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bialowieza and Biebrza - need a guide ? (1 Viewer)

I spent a few days in Bialowieza earlier this year on a uni trip and we stayed in Bialowieza itself. the accomodation was basic but serves it's purpose and the home cooked food was delicious! The only information I have is from a photo by a friend and as I don't speak Polish I will post everything on the photo! Domek Noclegowy, rooms/zimmer, Jaskolka. ul.Zastawa 58 tel. (085) 681-23-75 kom. 0607 207 575. Hope that helps anyone looking for somewhere to stay

Did a trip to poland in 2012. Hired a guide-waste of money-seen more in BIL;s back garden in Derby.

Tiger1

As a rule of thumb a good local guide will get you more birds in a shorter time than you're likely to do by yourself. They will know the sites, have the up-to-the-minute information and stop you wasting time chasing around visiting sites based on old gen. In short you may well see as many species in a week, but a guide will get you them in a day (or two). The rub is, of course, finding such a guide - another thread on BF regarding a trip to Norway tells how badly this can go wrong. However, this seems to be the exception rather than the rule and personal recommendations on BF will help. In addition read as many trip reports as possible and check out the available literature including the two Crossbill guides - www.crossbillguides.com - on the area (I think they're excellent, but I would as I help to edit them!)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back